Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch



This is my first official blog...
We went to the Dallas Arboretum on Friday. It was a beautiful day, and our lil' punkin was so cute. If you've not been there this time of year, you should go! They have pumpkins literally everywhere! There's a pumpkin patch for kids to jump on the hay and climb all over the pumpkins. Maxwell was a little pumpkin, too! I found a pumpkin costume for him on Craigs List for $5! I just can't justify spending a lot of money for a costume that will only be worn for one season.

Anyway, we got there and had a picnic lunch, and then went over to the pumpkins. Well, one thing I have definitely learned as a new mom is that the world does not revolve around me anymore!! As soon as I tried to strategically place him between pumpkins for some snapshots, he was fussy. After trying for a long ten minutes, we decied to give him a break. I picked him up and held him, rubbing his back like I know he likes, and immediately he fell asleep. One piece of baby gear we have really enjoyed is the big stroller and carrier combination. Although it's not the easiest thing to get out and put back up, it sure is convenient when the little one needs to nap. You can recline the back of it so baby can lie down for a nap. And plus, he likes the motion and the bumpy ride through the different areas of the arboretum. So when he woke up (an hour and a half later!), we tried again, and he did so great! I was even able to end our day at the gates and took some pictures of him sitting with the flowers. We had a fun time and it was fun and interesting using Scott's big digital rebel camera. Thank you for reading my first blog!

7 comments:

Robin said...

I'll be the first to comment on your blog. Hope you like blogging! Maxwell is CUTE! Love the pumpkin pictures!

William H Smith said...

The Blog looks great. Will you post the rest of the pictures anywhere? He looks great.

Laura said...

Love that bottom picture - big blue eyes. He's such a sweetie girl.

Anonymous said...

I see good looks run in the family.

-Uncle Mikey

mommyof7 (2inheaven) said...

I love the pic with the thumb. Too cute.

Mommy of 5

amy said...

I see you've just started a blog too! Maxwell is so cute and I can't wait to finally meet him...hopefully at a Christmas party!

ilikeike said...

I'm glad you started a blog so I can keep up with your little one too! He is so cute Stephanie. Love the one sucking on his thumb!